- OPEN A LIVE ACCOUNT
Application is quick and simple - click below to get started.
- SIGN UP FOR A DEMO ACCOUNT
Try out our platform under real market conditions.
Click on the appropriate category below.
Margin and Leverage
- QWhat is Required Margin?
- AThis is the cash collateral required to place new orders or maintain open positions.
- QWhat is the Margin Ratio?
- AThis refers to the ratio of your account's Net Equity to Required Margin, and is calculated using the following formula: Net Equity ÷ Required Margin x 100. Please visit the following page for full details:Markets
- QWhat is Leverage?
- ALeverage refers to the ability to hold a position of greater value than the actual required capital. Please visit the following page for full details:Markets
- QIs leverage changeable?
- ALeverage cannot be changed - the maximum leverage depends on the instrument you are trading, and is pre-defined by Z.com Trade.
- QWhen will realised Rollover be reflected in my account balance?
- ARollover earned overnight for open positions will be credited or debited from your account after the end of that trading day.
- QWhat is Unrealised Profit/Loss?
- AThis refers to the profit/loss of open positions and are marked-to-market. This is calculated and updated in real-time.
- QWhen will realised profit (unsettled trading profit) be reflected in my account balance?
- ARealised trading profit/loss will be settled (i.e. credited to or debited from your cash balance) at Trading Close.
- QWhy is there a difference between my Usable Margin and Available Funds?
Usable Margin is the amount of funds available in your account to make a new trade. This amount takes into account the realised profit/loss from closed trades and rollover that has yet to be settled.
The realised profit/loss from closed trades and rollover will be reflected your Available Funds on the respective value (settlement) dates. Hence, there may be a difference between your Usable Margin and Available Funds.
- QWhat is Net Equity?
- AThis is the sum of unrealized profit/loss and your account balance.
- QWhat is Account Balance?
- AThis is the sum of your cash balance, which includes unsettled and settled profit/loss and rollover.
- QIs the marked-to-market (current) price under Positions updated in real time?
- AYes. Short positions will be marked-to-market using the current BUY price while long positions will be marked-to-market with the current SELL price. Both SELL and BUY prices are updated in real-time.
Auto-Closeout and Margin Calls
- QWhat is Auto-Closeout?
- AAll of your open positions and pending orders will be closed out automatically if your net equity falls below 60% of the required margin.
- QWill Auto-Closeout be triggered if I have hedged trades?
- ADue to movements in the market resulting in widened spreads, negative rollover charges, or an increase in required margin, your hedged trades may still be subject to Auto-Closeout.
- QDo you issue Margin Calls?
- AWe do not - please ensure that you monitor all of your open positions.
- QWhy wasn't Auto-Closeout triggered when my margin ratio fell below 60% for an instant?
- AAs your account status is monitored at regular intervals, there may be a few minutes of time taken for our system to determine whether your account has become subject to auto-closeout after your margin ratio falls below 60%. Within this time difference, if your margin ratio rises back above 60%, Auto-Closeout will not be triggered.
- QDo you charge a fee for Auto-Closeout?
- AWe do not charge a fee for this function.
Still can't find what you are looking for? Contact us directly and a member of our Client Services Team will be happy to assist you.
Back To Top